Toronto: Ten things to doFriday, April 25, 2014
I'm going to be catching up with my sister in Canada. We haven't seen each other in almost a year, so hopefully there will be non-stop chat and laughter. Just a few things we could be getting up to in Toronto..
- Distillery: 30-45 minutes walk from the downtown core, coffee - Balzac's
- Kensington Market: near hostel, coffee - Moonbeam (roasts own coffee), Mexican food, vintage shops
- Chinatown (one of many in Toronto): East of Kensington and running parallel to it
- Spadina Ave: running approximately from College St down to Queen St
- Fabric District: runs on Queen St, from Spadina to Bathurst. A lot of small local shops, more of them as you keep moving eastwards to Dufferin
- Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), the building was renovated in recent years by Frank Ghery
- OCAD (Ontario College of Art and Design), south of the AGO, primary building looks like a black and white box supported by multi-coloured sticks
- St Lawrence Market - food!
- Steam Whistle Brewery