Melbourne: Melbourne in Three DaysWednesday, July 16, 2014
- Day 1: City centre. Start at Federation Square (free wifi), across Flinder's Station. Head to the Laneways - Degraves St (restaurants), Centre Place (cafes and space invader), Hosier Lane (graffiti)!! Bourke St mall (via Royal Arcade if you want) is always full of buskers, which is cool. Finish the night around Southbank, across the bridge from Federation Square - it's the best spot in Melbourne at night
- Eatery suggestion for day 1: Cookie Bar on Swanston St. Swanston also for your souvenirs and postcards
- Day 2: Fitzroy and Brunswick for cool vintage shops, cafes, hipster scenes. Naked Satan for tapas and roof bar. Lygon St for Italian food, Brunetti for dessert
- Day 3: St Kilda beach. Take the tram 96 from Federation Sq. You can buy a Myki tram card from the Fed Sq Info Centre. St Kilda beach and Fairie penguins at the end of the pier (go at sunset); night markets during summer
- Fresh fruit and vege from Queen Vic Market. Otherwise Coles supermarket
- A must when you're in Victoria, a road trip along the Great Ocean Road!
- Afternote: when you get out of the airport, get out of the right hand side door and take the red bus into town