Turkey Day 9: Useful Turkish wordsTuesday, February 03, 2015
I haven't got to speaking in phrases yet, but knowing a few essential words, at least, is important.
- Teşekkür ederim / Teşekküler, thank you.
- Merhaba, hi, how are you.
- Bir, iki, üç utch, dört, beş, altı, yedi. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- Çay, tea.
- Ş is pronounced 'sh' and ç, ch. So, çay, tea, is pronounced 'chai'.
Foods you need to try out in Turkey. They have the best foods ever!
- Dolma stuffed veges
- Karnıyarık stuffed eggplant with minced meat
- Mantı turkish ravioli with yoghurt
- Köfte meatballs
- Pilav rice cooked with butter/oil
- Gözleme Turkish pastry
- Lokum Turkish delight